IV Sedation Dentistry is a great option for:
- Patients who are fearful
- Patients who have high anxiety
- Patients who have anxiety keeping their mouths open for long periods
- Patients who have a pronounced gag reflex
- Patients with complex medical conditions
- Patients who are physically and/or mentally compromised
- Patients who have suffered traumatic dental experiences in the past
- Patients who have extremely sensitive teeth
- Patients who have difficulty getting numb
- Patients who have had bad reactions to/with local anesthesia
- Very long, extensive, or difficult procedures
- Patients with time constraints — individuals who need to have multiple procedures completed in fewer visits
Commonly Asked Questions
How do the medications work?
The medications we use will allow you to be relaxed and comfortable; this is like having a minor medical procedure in an outpatient hospital setting. You will be unaware of the sights and sounds of the dental procedure. When you wake up, you will not be in pain because we also use a local anesthetic during the procedure.
Will someone need to accompany me?
Yes. Due to the sedative effects of the medication, you will need someone to drive you to our office and home again.
How long will I be sedated?
Depending on your needs and treatment, from half an hour to several hours.
Is IV sedation dentistry safe?
Yes. Our Doctors will review your medical history and review your regular medicines and consult with your physician, if necessary. You will always have two staff members monitoring you closely throughout the procedure. You are never alone. Our team has extensive and continuous training in CPR and Advanced Cardiac Life Support so you are safely monitored at all times throughout your procedure.
Will it hurt?
No. You will still be numb and you will feel nothing!
Call, send an email, or chat with us via our website. We’re happy to address any of your questions or concerns.
Contact us to schedule a pain-free appointment at Advance Dentistry today!