I.V. Sedation Dentistry
If the thought of sitting in a dental chair makes you anxious and afraid, you are not alone. In fact, thousands of people put off seeing the dentist every year and risk the health of their smile because of their fears.
Sedation Dentistry Can Help You Get The Treatment You Deserve Without Fear
Dr. Scott E. Sayre and Dr. Rebecca Donaldson at Advance Family & Implant Dentistry understand. More importantly, they have a solution: intravenous (IV) sedation dentistry. It safely puts you into a tranquil state of mind, meaning you will feel removed from what is actually going on and have virtually no memory of your treatment once its finished. Dr. Sayre and Dr. Donaldson are all certified by the OH State Dental Board to administer IV sedation and they have over 30 years of experience.
Our team has advanced training in CPR and Advanced Cardiac Life Support, so don’t let fear keep you from having a healthy, beautiful smile. Discover our soothing, comfortable approach to dental care today! “It is our mission to provide the highest level of care possible, backed by a gentle touch and the understanding that can only come from years of experience working with fearful patients. We provide our patients with a comfortable dental experience, so they can enjoy a smile they never thought was possible”.
“I have been practicing dentistry for over 28 years. In that time, I have gained a better understanding of my patients, their fears and their treatment. They often come to my office feeling anxious, as though there is no possibility of having a comfortable experience. But I’m confident I can help erase my patients’ fears and provide gentle, advanced dentistry they can count on, so their teeth can cease to be a problem in their lives. That’s why I became a dentist; to give people beautiful smiles and greater satisfaction with themselves.”
– Dr. Scott Sayre
Advantages of Sedation Dentistry
- Safe and effective way of relieving fear and anxiety associated with going to the dentist
- Years of dentistry can be completed in one visit
- Sleep soundly through your dental visit with little or no memory of the visit
- No awareness of the sights, sounds or smells of the dental office
- Complete control of gag reflexes
- Patients who have anxiety keeping their mouth open for long periods
- Patients with complex medical issues
- Patients who have suffered traumatic dental experiences in the past
- Patients who have extremely sensitive teeth
- Patients who have difficulty getting numb
- Patients who have had bad reactions to/with local anesthesia
- Very long, extensive or difficult procedures
- Patients with time constraints—who need to get more dentistry done in fewer visits
Commonly Asked Questions
Will it hurt? No. You will feel nothing!
Is IV sedation safe? Yes. Our Doctors will review your medical history and review your regular medicines. You will always have two staff members monitoring you closely throughout the procedure. You are never alone.
How long will I be sedated? Depending on your needs, from half an hour to six hours.
Will someone need to accompany me? Yes. Due to the sedative effects of the medication, you will need someone to drive you to our office and home again.
How do the medications work? The medications we use will allow you to be conscious, but unaware of your dental visit. You will have full control of bodily functions and reflexes. You will be able to respond to verbal commands and communicate should the need arise. When you wake up, you will not be in pain because we also use a local anesthetic during the procedure.
Contact us to schedule a pain-free appointment with a sedation dentist at Advance Dentistry today!